Massachusetts Veterinary Referral Hospital is looking for a board-certified or board-eligible Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Veterinarian or Rehabilitation Certified Veterinarian to join our Specialty Referral Hospital.
Our 36,000-square foot hospital, located 11 miles north of Boston, is home to one of the premier level 1 emergency and specialty centers in New England. As part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network, our mission is to provide the most advanced, innovative, and compassionate veterinary care possible. Our focus in delivering exceptional patient care and client service provides the backbone of our hospitable culture and collaborative work environment.
We are a vibrant specialty practice with a broad spectrum of doctors specializing in internal medicine, radiology, neurology, anesthesiology, ophthalmology, oncology, clinical pathology, surgery, cardiology, nutrition, dermatology, and critical care, as well as, a robust emergency service. Our hospital includes an on-site diagnostic laboratory and compounding pharmacy. Our physical therapy and rehabilitation team currently consists of one CCRP, CCRT, CCRA, and two assistants.
The hospital is well equipped including a 1.5 tesla GE MRI, 64 slice Cannon CT scanner, digital radiography, 4 ultrasound machines, mechanical ventilation, comprehensive surgical facilities, a dedicated ICU department, and a fluoroscopy suite. Endoscopy services provided include rhinoscopy, bronchoscopy, upper and lower intestinal endoscopy, and cystoscopy. Within the physical therapy and rehabilitation department, there is a dedicated space for gait analysis and exercise, physio-equipment, cavaletti rails, water treadmill, and stem cell centrifuge, with a plan to expand service offerings.
Our success in providing a remarkable work environment resides in our people. Mass Vet has a culture that strives for excellence, is optimistic, forward-thinking, and supportive. Our staff enjoy an excellent collaborative working environment, competitive compensation, continuous learning, and professional growth opportunities at all levels.
- Be a self-starter
- Be able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Be a veterinarian licensed to practice in Massachusetts, or able to obtain licensing
- Have extensive experience in animal rehabilitation
- Be certified in canine rehabilitation or agree to pursue certification
- Be able to work with, restrain, and lift companion animals of all sizes
- Be proficient in low stress handling (Fear Free certification a plus!)
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients and other staff members
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise medical aspects of therapies performed in the department
- Perform initial evaluations, recheck exams, and chiropractic treatments (depending on credentials)
- Work directly with the therapists to develop treatment programs and modality parameters
- Consult with the therapists whenever necessary regarding patients’ therapies and progress
- Monitor patient response to prescribed therapies and adjust treatment programs as needed
- Participate in training and continuing education of staff as well as visiting interns and externs
- Complete reports in a timely fashion
- Stay current in the field of animal rehabilitation and discuss updated information with staff
- Collaborate with the numerous specialists and teams across the hospital
Interested candidates can send their CV and letter of interest to Dr. Chris Blum at email@example.com
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.