Title: Rehabilitation Technician Assistant
Department: Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation
Reports to: Clinical Supervisors
The Rehabilitation Technician Assistant will assist the Rehab DVM, Rehab Technicians, and Rehab Technician Assistants with performing therapy and treatments, as well as overall monitoring of patients to ensuring their comfort. Additionally, the Rehabilitation Technician Assistant will aid with patient appointments, setting up and breaking down of the Rehab Gym, patient scheduling, and vacuuming/cleaning/stocking of rehab room when needed. This is an entry level position in the veterinary field.
Essential job functions:
- Setting up/breaking down Rehab Gym
- Assist with patient appointments and procedures
- Entering patient notes into medical record as directed
- Cleaning the underwater treadmill (UWTM) between patients
- Cleaning the UWTM tanks as needed (drain, clean, replenish water)
- Vacuuming/cleaning/stocking of the rehab room as needed
- Laundry rotation while rehab is in session (when possible)
- Assistance with wheelchair maintenance and upkeep
- Assist in ER/ICU with cleaning as time permits
- Poop scoop around building and courtyard/check/change poop receptacles
- Take trash/recycling out
- Clean Rehab Gym, including mopping and vacuuming
- Gather, wash, dry, fold rehab laundry
- Stock rehab area
- Assist rehab technicians and other rehab technician assistants
- Restrain patients using safe techniques
- Walk patients
- Answer phones
- Schedule patient appointments
- Regular client communication
- Detail Oriented and well organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to lift 50 pounds
WORKING CONDITIONS/Physical DEMANDS:
Normally standing with freedom of movement on a regular basis. Ability to communicate face-to-face, on the telephone and in writing. Requires strong interpersonal skills. Periodic physical activity required including walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping. Physical surroundings will vary based on the venue and will be subject to all weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Other duties as assigned.
* External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.