Rehabilitation Technician, CCRP or CCRA – Gaithersburg, MD
VCA Veterinary Referral Associates is currently seeking a full-time registered veterinary technician with CCRP or CCRA certification to join the rehabilitation team in our full service, 24-hour emergency and specialty referral practice in Gaithersburg, Maryland. This position is full-time, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Our rehabilitation team works closely with in-house specialists as well as general practice referrals. Our caseload includes post-operative patients, neurological as well as orthopedic; conservative management of various conditions; geriatric patients; and obesity management.
For the right licensed technician, we will pay for your CCRP certification after 1 year of successful employment at our hospital.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Certification (CCRP or CCRA) required
- 1+ year(s) experience is a plus
- Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills
- Strong observation and organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 40-50+ pounds
- Self-starter and team player
- Strong desire for learning
Job Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Initial rehabilitation evaluation of patients with our rehab-certified neurologist
- Formulation and execution of treatment plans including development of home exercise programs
- Ongoing evaluation, goal setting for treatment of patients, progression of treatment, and planning for discharge
- Education and timely communication (verbal and written) with clients/caregivers and primary veterinarians
- Assisting clients in problem solving, billing issues, scheduling, etc.
- Daily charting, charges, and communication documentation in electronic medical records
- Contribute to the day-to-day maintenance of rehabilitation equipment and space, etc.
- Giving input to improve the efficiency, quality of care, etc. of the rehabilitation department in keeping with the VCA vision and mission statement
- Participate in marketing efforts
VCA VRA provides a wide variety of state-of-the-art care that includes services such as emergency and critical care, internal medicine, medical and radiation oncology, ophthalmology, surgery and rehabilitation. We have an extensive diagnostic imaging and radiology department for animal radiographs, CT scans, MRIs, biopsies, and ultrasounds. Our veterinary hospital is also home to the only Linear Accelerator in the state of Maryland. The rehabilitation department facilities include two underwater treadmills, a resistance pool, hydraulic lift, land treadmill, Class IV and IIIb lasers, therapeutic ultrasound and NMES/TENS units.
In addition to a rewarding career opportunity, paid vacation and sick leave, VCA Veterinary Referral Associates offers subsidized employee pet care; employee health, dental and vision options; 401(k) along with insurance and disability coverage options.
If you're interested in this position, please apply online at https://vcajobs.com/job/11195/ or submit your cover letter and resume to Robin Price, Director of Rehabilitation Services, at Robin.Price@vca.com.