Rehabilitation RVT or Veterinary Assistant
Medical Support – Durham, North Carolina
The Triangle's premier Emergency and Specialty Hospitals are growing! We are looking for highly motivated, highly skilled individuals to join the team at our Durham, NC location. We provide 24-hour emergency service and specialty referrals in surgery, internal medicine, cardiology, oncology, radiology and rehabilitation and we're looking for technicians who want to utilize their skills to the fullest potential in a fast paced, fun, and stimulating environment.
We are currently seeking a qualified technician for our Rehabilitation service to work alongside our certified rehabilitation veterinarian. This role function with a great deal of autonomy and responsibility; solid technical skills, sound judgment, excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to work both independently and with a team are required.
The physical rehabilitation (rehab) medical support team member is responsible for helping implement and execute physical therapy (PT) treatment plans designed by the rehabilitation clinician. In addition, the Rehab RVT/VMA will assist the surgery team in day-to-day tasks/patient care as time allows and based on the needs of the hospital.
- Assist clinician with patient exams
- Perform individualized physical therapy treatment plans as designed by the rehabilitation clinician
- Monitor response to prescribed therapies and update clinician/record daily
- Update patient record and report cards in a timely manner
- Communicate with clients and provide patient updates after each treatment session
- Create patient discharges as directed by clinician
- Schedule rehabilitation appointments
- Serve as information source to internal clients (TVRH clinicians/staff) and external clients (pet owners, RDVMs)
- Experience with or ability to master physical rehabilitation equipment including but not limited to: TENS, Game Ready, underwater treadmill, stance analyzer, therapeutic ultrasound and E-Stim.
- Monitor rehabilitation inventory and submit purchase requests as needed
- Fit patients for Help’em Up harnesses and demonstrate proper use to pet owners
- Assist surgery department in daily duties when available/as needed
- Perform radiographs and change/apply bandages
Preferred Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the veterinary field
- Strong knowledge of veterinary anatomy and physiology, pharmacology and medical terminology
- Strong understanding and familiarity of common orthopedic surgical procedures
- Strong understanding of orthopedic disease and neuropathies.
- Familiarity with veterinary physical rehabilitation
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician preferred but not required
- CCRP/CCRT preferred but not required