Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner or Canine Rehab Specialist
Helping Paws in Carver, MA is looking for a part-time (10-15 hours a week) Canine Rehabilitation Therapist. We are a new non-profit organization and part of our mission will be offering a lower cost solution for people who can’t afford the high cost of rehab for their dog.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment where your knowledge and effort will have a direct impact on the community and people around you, you’ll want to join this exciting start-up non-profit. You’ll be on the ground floor of an exciting and innovative non-profit that can help countless dog owners in the community. You’ll be offered an opportunity to grow with the organization and grow your skill set to include other valuable skills.
Our ideal candidate would be a Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner (CCRP). However, we are open to an experienced candidate that is working toward their certification and/or has experience in the field. In addition to Canine rehabilitation work, the role would include the other tasks described below (i.e., non-rehab tasks to help advance the non-profit’s mission). Although this is currently a part-time position, we are looking to grow this non-profit and are working towards making it a full-time position.
Our ideal candidate will be familiar with
• Canine anatomy and physiology
• Conditions and injuries commonly referred for rehabilitation
• Physical therapy assessment techniques
• Manual therapy
• Physical modalities and therapeutic exercise
• Neurological rehabilitation
• Post-surgical discharge examinations and discussions
• Underwater Treadmill water therapy and conditioning
• Laser therapy
• Working with veterinarians and referral forms
• Microsoft Excel and word
Because we are a new organization, our ideal candidate would be also interested in other tasks that could include:
• Helping with fundraising events
• Assisting with the marketing of services
• Supporting the VP of Operations
• Calling and scheduling appointments
Other skills and/or attributes that we seek include:
• Familiar with excel and word
• Eager to learn
• Helpful and caring nature
Job Type: part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
About Helping Paws:
We know that a lot of pet owners have difficulty paying for their dog’s surgery, and therefore put a much lower emphasis on their dog’s rehabilitation, perhaps only doing a few sessions and stopping before their dog is fully recovered. At Helping Paws, we want to be an agent of change and help those owners get the most out of their dog’s surgery by offering more affordable, and in some cases, free rehabilitation services.