F/T Licensed Veterinary Technician for Rehab Referral Practice
(SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED FOR CCRP/CCRT/CCRA’S)
Centrally located in the Lehigh Valley, the Animal Therapy Center is a fast growing and progressive stand-alone referral facility offering an array of sophisticated equipment including; 2 underwater treadmills, resistance pool, class 4 laser, electrical stimulation, therapeutic ultrasound , thermal imaging and a large gym with various exercise equipment. We offer a variety of rehabilitation services including individualized assessments, client education, assistive devices, therapeutic exercise, and hydrotherapy. Our work culture is team-oriented, friendly and inviting, with an emphasis on patient care and client communication. The hospital is well-staffed with an excellent clientele and referral base.
The Animal Therapy Center seeks to add a Full Time LVT/RVT/CVT, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the veterinary industry. (CCRP or CCRA a plus but not required) For full-time candidates, the ATC offers excellent Fringe benefit packages, with paid CE, health benefits and paid time off. Onsite training will be provided, and for non-CCRP/CCRA candidates, tuition reimbursement is also provided.
Candidates will work closely and independently with our onsite certified DVM and a team of 4 other rehabilitation therapists and 12 assistants. Candidates must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a strong desire to learn and work as a team. Some Saturdays and evenings may be required. Applicants with flexible schedules will take priority. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
High school diploma or equivalent
Some college or college equivalent trade school required
CVT, LVT, or RVT
CCRP, CCRT, CCRA preferred
Minimum 3 years animal experience
1. CVT’s are responsible for properly using all rehab equipment, modalities and techniques.
2. CVT’s must correctly understand how to create, implement, and follow-through with Home Exercise Programs for clients.
3. CVT’s are responsible for keeping accurate and complete rehab therapy records for all patients.
4. CVT’s will be responsible for helping to maintain the facility and its equipment.
5. CVT’s are expected to complete all therapies in a timely and efficient manner as dictated by the scheduling and charging system, and communicate all client concerns and issues promptly to the medical director.
6. CVT’s are expected to communicate any and all changes in a patient’s; medicine, supplements or behavior to the medical director.
7. CVT’s are expected to be versed in diet, nutraceuticals and assistive devices used in rehabilitation medicine.
8. Additional job duties may include: client call backs, fill prescriptions; communicate and prepare updates for primary care veterinarians.
9. CVT’s are expected to uphold a strong work ethic and moral compass. CVT’s are also expected to exude a family friendly environment with an emphasis on communication, service, collaboration and relationship building. If there are any concerns with a patient’s treatment it is the professional and moral duty of all therapists to report and communicate with the Medical Director/Management immediately.
10. CVT’s are expected to perform follow up calls and discussions with clients as needed.
11. CVT’s are expected to adhere to their contractual obligations including Continuing Education credits and CCRP requirements.
12. CVT’s are expected to exude leadership in all appointments, including directing and mentoring assistants in proper therapy techniques.
Can lift up to 50 pounds independently
Ability to stand, bend or sit for 6-8 hours
Ability to climb stairs and assist clients in and out of the building
Ability and willingness to assist clients in getting patients in and out of their cars
Able to handle multiple tasks at once
Motivated individual with a strong desire to learn and develop in this profession
Strong desire to be part of caring and competent team of veterinary professionals
Willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and some holidays
Must have excellent patient care and client communication skills
Understands the importance of customer service
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Social Media outlets