Veterinary Specialty Hospital of San Diego – North County is seeking a full-time rehabilitation veterinarian to join our 24/7 Emergency and Specialty Referral hospital in San Marcos, California.
We are looking for an experienced certified rehabilitation veterinarian to support our hospital on a full-time basis. We are seeking a team member who has excellent interpersonal skills, desires to be a team player, is interested in expanding/growing the department, can accomplish a high case load, and possesses strong time management skills.
We began a 5,700 square feet expansion of our hospital on July 1, 2019 and the new construction is slated for completion by November 1, 2019. The rehab center will be a brand-new service as part of the expansion and will have space for an exam room, an underwater treadmill, and floor exercise. There is a possibility of expanding some outdoor space for exercise as well. In addition, we will be adding a 1.5 Tesla MRI, an additional OR, 4 exam rooms and expanded treatment room.
Rehab Specific Qualifications:
- Rehab Certification- CCRP, CCRT, CVMRT and/or DACVSMR
- Acupuncture certification- CVA, CVAT, CVMA
- Chiropractic/VSMT certification- CVC, CAC, CVSMT (ideal but not required)
- Pain certification – CVPP (ideal but not required)
- Be a self-starter
- Be able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Be a veterinarian licensed to practice in CA, or able to obtain CA licensing
- Have extensive experience in animal rehabilitation
- Be certified in canine rehabilitation or agree to pursue certification
- Be certified in veterinary acupuncture or agree to pursue certification
- Be able to work with, restrain and lift companion animals of all sizes
- Be proficient in low stress handling (Fear Free certification a plus!); positive reinforcement is to be utilized with the animals at all times
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients and other staff members
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise all medical aspects of therapies performed in the department
- Perform initial evaluations, recheck exams, acupuncture and chiropractic treatments (depending on credentials)
- Work directly with the therapists to develop treatment programs and modality parameters
- Consult with the therapists whenever necessary regarding patients’ therapies and progress
- Monitor patient response to prescribed therapies and adjust treatment programs as needed
- Participate in training and continuing education of staff as well as visiting interns and externs
- Complete reports in a timely fashion
- Stay current in the field of animal rehabilitation and discuss updated information with staff
- Participate in public events where rehab can be promoted to clients, potential clients or referring veterinarians
- Perform other duties as assigned
Veterinary Specialty Hospital and Ethos Veterinary Health: VSH North County is part of the Ethos Veterinary Health network of hospitals, providing our clinicians the opportunity to be part of a larger network of hospitals, but still maintain our distinctive identity. The focus of Ethos is on advancing veterinary medicine, along with providing high quality, compassionate care, which improves the lives of patients and their human companions. Our advancements center around three main areas: Transformative Science, Knowledge, and Collaboration.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Dr. Chris Blum at email@example.com.