Canine Rehabilitation Certificate Program
Bringing you a healthier and revitalized companion.
The University of Tennessee, University Outreach and Continuing Education
Offers a certificate program in animal rehabilitation; The Certificate Program in Canine Physical Rehabilitation. The graduates of this program strengthen the growth of this young field by sharing their newfound knowledge of canine physical rehabilitation with other veterinarians, colleagues, and animal owners.
Why our program?
The faculty have worked diligently to construct programs that meet the needs of the veterinarian, physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, veterinary technician.
Our program offers the following advantages:
- The University of Tennessee Certificate Program in Canine Physical Rehabilitation is the only program in veterinary rehabilitation to win the distinguished Outstanding Non-Credit Program Award by the Association for Continuing Higher Education.
- Instruction by veterinarians and physical therapists, the majority of whom are board certified by the American College of Veterinary Surgeons and the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
- Our instructors have made significant research contributions and published much of the available literature in canine physical rehabilitation.
- Emphasis on evidenced-based medicine.
- Access to the latest clinical and laboratory research results presented by faculty who have performed research directly applicable to case management, often prior to publication.
- Access to and practice/training with an extensive array of treatment approaches, including a myriad of equipment and emerging modalities which are based on clinical research.
- Commitment to presenting a comprehensive curriculum that provides a solid foundation upon which to treat routine and complicated clinical cases, and to build and improve clinical practice in veterinary rehabilitation.
- Upon successful completion of the program and examination, participants receive the designation of Certified Canine Rehabilitation Practitioner.
To educate professionals who share a common interest in helping animals recover from illness and/or injury, and to help animals to live life to the fullest with minimal pain and discomfort.
To promote the art and science of canine physical rehabilitation.
This will be achieved by:
- Educating professionals in the principles and practical application of canine physical rehabilitation.
- Promoting and supporting research that will advance the knowledge, skill and treatment of canine physical rehabilitation.
- Making the benefits of canine physical rehabilitation known to the fields of veterinary medicine, physical therapy and other related professions.
DVM / VMD / VT
PT / PTA / OT / OTA
The program is open to the following:
- Veterinary Technicians
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Students in one of the accepted professions*
Proof of degree(s) and or license(s) must be provided for every profession
*Proof of acceptance and documentation showing current enrollment in a qualified program must be provided with your initial registration. You will be asked to provide continued proof of active enrollment. You must complete one academic year of your professional program prior to enrolling in this program. Successful completion of your degree is required prior to taking the certificate exam.