David Levine, Debbie (Gross) Torraca, Matthew Brunke
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Accurately palpate selected boney segments and landmarks, muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues.
- Describe various selected manual therapy techniques including massage/soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization
- Discuss the precautions and contraindications for various manual therapy techniques (massage/soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization)
- Demonstrate on a patient selected range of motion exercises including: cervical motion, thoracic motion, lumbar motion, digit motion, carpal motion, elbow motion, shoulder motion, hock motion, stifle motion, and hip motion.
- Demonstrate on a patient selected massage/soft tissue mobilizations including supraspinatus/biceps, scapular entrapment, iliopsoas (diagnostic and therapeutic), gracilis and hamstring muscle mobilization.
- Demonstrate on a patient selected joint mobilizations of the shoulder, elbow, carpus, metacarpals, digits, hip, stifle, tarsus, metatarsals, and digits to include patient and therapist positioning, hand placement, and grade/direction of force applied.
- Discuss outcome measures and assessment techniques to guide the treatment progression
- Integrate manual therapy into the overall treatment program
Completion of CCMT I and CCMT II online
DVMs, LVTs, PTs, DCs (American Veterinary Chiropractic Association) must all have completed (or have completed the majority) of their CCRP or CCRT/CCRA training.
April 20, 2018 (Friday)
Registration 8:00am, Course 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wizard of Paws
155 Westchester Road
Colchester, CT 06415
Hours: 8 Hours
- AAVSB Provider #120, This course is RACE approved for 8 hours of CE
- NYSED Approved for 8 hours of CE
- Seminar includes handouts and coffee breaks.
- Course related products (if any) will be available at the course, however, in a limited quantity.
- Certificates of Attendance will be given to all participants and may be used for those who need C.E.U. verification and credits.
- Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability prior to the commencement of this seminar.
- Location, Instructor, Dates and Cost of seminar are subject to change.
- For group rate accommodations, please call hotel directly and be sure to mention Northeast Seminars. A limited number of rooms are reserved for participants, when available, on a first-come, first-served basis. Within 30 days of the course, rooms and/or rates may no longer be available. If course is to be held at a facility, Northeast only provides suggested hotels nearby for room accommodations.
Portions Copyright© Northeast Seminars Inc. All rights reserved.
, , , , , , ,